Sony will be at the MWC 2017, just like it was at last year’s version of the show. Back then, a series of new phones were unveiled – the Xperia XA, Xperia X, and Xperia X Performance.
After launching the new Xperia X series that first came with three phones, Sony, later on, followed the trio with three other phones – the Xperia XA Ultra, Xperia X Compact and Xperia XZ – making it a total of six different models in the Xperia X series. But this time around, it appears that the Japanese tech giant will be unveiling up to five phones in Barcelona, Spain.
Sony will be in the Spanish city by 7:30 GMT, but it has not confirmed the devices that will be on show. On the contrary, leaks and renders have been doing rounds with regards to Xperia phones that the company could launch and up to now, the list has grown to include a massive five handsets ranging from entry-level to high-end. Here’s the list and some of the confirmed specs, according to the leak.
- Xperia Hinoki is a 5-inch device with an HD resolution, an Helio P20 SoC that is paired with 3GB RAM, and has 32GB of internal storage. The back has a 16MP shooter and the front will ship with an 8MP selfie sensor.
- Next in line is another 5-inch Xperia BlancBright, but unlike its 5-inch Hinoki counterpart, there is a WQHD resolution. Under the hood, this model will ship with a Snapdragon 653 SoC – or probably a Snapdragon 835 – and a 4GB RAM. There will be a new IMX400 camera on the back, but the megapixel count is still unknown.
- Sony is also planning to release a 5.2-inch Xperia Keyaki smartphone. This one will slightly drop the screen resolution to Full HD and like the Hinoki, it will come with an Helio P20 processor that is paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage. The camera will feature a huge 23MP sensor on the back and a 16MP selfie snapper.
- The flagship variant has been dubbed the Xperia Yoshino. It packs an impressive 5.5-inch screen with UHD resolution and under the hood, there is a Snapdragon 835 SoC paired with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM. The storage is unknown, and so is the megapixel count of the new IMX400 camera on board.
- Unlike the other four, the specs of the fifth and last Sony Xperia phone that will be launched at the MWC 2017 have not been identified yet. Interestingly, this phone’s price tag is known to be $350 and if the report is to be believed, it is codenamed Xperia Mineo. All models will be powered by Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
From the look of things, it is possible that the entire Xperia X series is up for a refresh, but as for now, take these rumors with a pinch of salt as Sony has not confirmed them just yet.